Tracker's and downloading!

Sponsored Links
Alternatively you could take woodys advice

... and join a suitable forum, find a post with the links, and then download directly from a hosting site

The only issue would be if you want to download from [say] Rapidshare as a free user with limited download speed and a slight delay (but still better than torrents) or pay something like £15 for 90 days access and get unlimited downloads at full speed.

It really is quite simple.

Alternatively you could take woodys advice

... and join a suitable forum, find a post with the links, and then download directly from a hosting site

The only issue would be if you want to download from [say] Rapidshare as a free user with limited download speed and a slight delay (but still better than torrents) or pay something like £15 for 90 days access and get unlimited downloads at full speed.

It really is quite simple.

So what you're saying is that you have to pay to get full speeds.

Bittorrent is free and whilst some files dont come down at full speed from public trackers, if you join a private tracker which is free you'll get very fast downloads the only draw back here is a good ratio.

If I was going to pay for a service to get top download speeds it would be Newsgroups.

Sponsored Links
No what I said was that Rapidshare requires a subscription for full speed downloads. Some others don't.

But if you think something like 15p a day is too much for a service that will let you fill your HD with whatever you want, then fair enough.

The OP would have been watching Blue Planet by the time of the forth post in this thread, instead of stressing over it and still being nowhere near any sort of download three pages later :rolleyes:

funny thing is ive been noticing that the download speeds up to over 100kbs to 250kbs for shot bursts and then back down to average 14/12kbs.

i wonder if there is some sort of block or reducer on download?

No what I said was that Rapidshare requires a subscription for full speed downloads. Some others don't.

But if you think something like 15p a day is too much for a service that will let you fill your HD with whatever you want, then fair enough.

The OP would have been watching Blue Planet by the time of the forth post in this thread, instead of stressing over it and still being nowhere near any sort of download three pages later :rolleyes:

Bittorrent will let you fill your HD with whatever you want for free, why pay???

I cant imagine those others hosting much of anything, otherwise they'd be extremely popular and as such probably wouldn't exist.

The OP would have done all the things detailed within my earlier post. You fail to realise there is a learning curve to your way of downloading as there is with bittorrent. Yours relies on people upload content to a server and posting on various forums. You need to know where these forums are. Bittorrent has a search function all you need to do is look for well seeded files and check the comments.

Simply stating bittorrent is rubbish because you couldn't get it to work for you is not very helpful.

aaaahhh,, guy's can you take it somewhere ELSE,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i,m tryin to get my head round this stuff and you two are having cyber barny of some sort :eek: :eek: :D

aaaahhh,, guy's can you take it somewhere ELSE,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i,m tryin to get my head round this stuff and you two are having cyber barny of some sort :eek: :eek: :D

Newgas, the reason why your having problems is because you're new to it.

Basically with bittorrent you need to find the file you want. I tend to use a torrent search site that searches a large selection of sites. Then once found you find the one that has the most seeds, next look at the seeder to leecher ratio the higher the seeders compared to leechers the better.

Now you need to look at client. Some are slow than others. You need to force encryption because isps target bt traffic, port forward if you need to with a router (if you have one). Look at you upload/download speeds and adjust.

Also consider using block lists, vuse has an inbuilt blocklister. I dont know with utorrent but you can use peerguardian.

This news item may be of interest

www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/06/o2_shaping

O2 is restricting torrent traffic, and it is mentioned that BT do too, as do other ISP's

well i phoned up BT and asked if there was a restriction and was told no there was not.

someone told a way of getting free full speed broadband today but i'm a little to wary for that sort of thing :D

anyhow i'm nearly done now, blue planet done, nearly 3 volumes of tintin , there was a heck of a lot of download to be honest, about 50 gig to dwnload :eek: , so i havnt done that bad, done most of that in 5 days ..

Its old news, they target BT traffic because apparently it makes up the most traffic over their networks, unlike virgin who cap all traffic at peak times. Anyway this might be of some use: linky

and the damn thing has spanish subtitles :confused:

i managed to delete the subtitles off blue planet, happy days.

anyone know of a good storage device like a usb type that stores lots of gigs of info.??

i dont like the usual external hard drive types as i have had a hard drive

go kaput on me once and i lost a lot of info. films/photo's etc. ( i could have paid about £150

to PC world and they would have retrieved it but couldn't afford it at the time :rolleyes: )

why i'm asking for a usb type storage device is i have been told that they dont have moving parts and so less to go wrong.

anyone know where to get one,,if this is true??

Sponsored Links
Back