Transfer camcorder to pc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
I have a sony handycam (Model DCR-HC39E) and when i try to download footage to my Toshiba laptop it doesn't work. The cam and pc do not seem to have any communication between them at all.
I have the suppied software which i have loaded into the pc, i have let someone else try the software in there pc still to no effect. After checking sony's web site they are very unhelpfull on this matter (take your money but no future help, typical!!!) also whilst on line looking for sollutions i have seen that many others have the same problem (maybe not with sony but with downloading footage).
I am looking for a step to step guide on how i can get this footage from cam to pc to dvd.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I brought pinacle studio 8, it uses a fire wire connection, works everytime

pinacle studio came with cable, cd (pc drivers) and card

(does need a lot odf storgae space on pc though, but i have a dedicated hd, in the pc for that)

If you know any one that has a DVD recorder that has a Camcorder link on it, you will be able to go from Camcorder to DVD, no laptop required.

Just a thought..

Steve

Sponsored Links
cheers guy's, gcol thanx man you got advice for everything, you know how to deal with cats you know how to sort software probs, do you know anything about flooring (have a look on flooring forum)?
what sort of price can i expect to pay for pinnacle 8? a firewire had been mentioned to me before so i think i'll try that route.
I want to get this onto pc so i can do minor editing to footage, i had thought about going straight to dvd but lets hope it doesn't come to this.

Unfortunately wood flooring isn't really my bag. I recently put it down upstairs and on the staircase in our house though (quite proud of the stairs) and am pleased with it. If you're interested, B&Q do a product called Combilay (I think that's what it's called) that is about a 3mm underlay and dpm in one. I didn't use it cause I didn't need a dpm and my floors where a bit too far out, so I need to use the green board stuff.
Anyway, back to your post...... have a look on Ebay for "pinnacle studio 9". You can pick it up for very little money - probably about a tenner, which is a bargain!

You could try a video capture card, straight forward once fitted.

Expertboy said:
no it isn't.

a video capture card "does what it says on the tin"

pincale studio lets you strart and stop your camcorder from the pc, lets you edit stuff, add titles etc

breezer said:
Expertboy said:
no it isn't.

a video capture card "does what it says on the tin"

pincale studio lets you strart and stop your camcorder from the pc, lets you edit stuff, add titles etc

I am quite aware what Pinnacle can do, but the original thread was just about downloading onto his computer :rolleyes:

yes, but you should realise by now most people on these forums never give all the info in 1st post.

the next one will be how does he edit it

Sponsored Links
Back