Tree stump removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Can anyone please advise on how to do this. The stump i want to remove is planted in a pot made of stone. This makes access slightly awkward. I have managed to remove some of the surface roots and soil. But the stump and larger roots are quite difficult to cut. I have even tried an electric saw for the larger roots but they are too large in diameter. What is the best way forward? thanks

Sponsored Links
having done the mother of all stumps this week, a three foot wide sycamore that had grown around various bits of rubbish, bricks, stones, glass, chainlink fence and a concrete post, we were left with no option but to remove it surgically. Couldnt use a chainsaw!

dig around as many roots as possible, cut through them. use a sharp axe or a maul to reduce it in size. leverage works well, but lever up not down. its going to be hard work!

I had something similar last year. I removed as much soil / roots as possible then strapped one of my tow rope to the stump and the other to the towbar on my car. Popped out very nicely :D

the towbar or the stump?

bloke I know tried something similar.. snapped the tow rope, not one of those puny ones either..

Sponsored Links
LOL... No the stump came out. I should probably say that the vehicle in question was a Land Rover Discovery, but nevertheless it worked a treat.

I had something similar last year. I removed as much soil / roots as possible then strapped one of my tow rope to the stump and the other to the towbar on my car. Popped out very nicely :D
I tried that, ended up with a whacking great dent in the boot, when root finally decided to part company with mother earth. :cry: :cry:

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back