Trianco Eurostar Cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our New House has a Trianco Eurostar 90 Oil boiler installed
I think its about 10 Years old and have no record of the service history
Are these a Good Boiler ( we have never had oil heating before )

Problem is That the boiler Sometimes cuts out after running for 30 seconds
:cry:
Other times it will run without problem
When it cuts out an Orange light which is inside a plastic case containing a Large relay comes on

The Boiler can be reset by pressing this btton then it fires but then it wll cut out again after a short time

We have plenty of oil etc
The thermostatt ( Top right inside the boiler is set to about 4 o clock
Is this correct ??

So
Is it worth getting this boiler fixed ( serviced ) ?
or is it just too old and should be replace by something more moderm like a Condensing boiler

Any guidance would be gratefully received

Sponsored Links
http://www.trianco.co.uk/system.cfm
These boilers have a long life. Please get it serviced before considering replacement.
Don't ask the heating engineer if you should consider a new one, that is called a 'buying signal' in the trade.
The fault you describe could be as simple as a dirty window on the photo-cell. If it cannot see the flame, it shuts down.

Moss5 said:
Don't ask the heating engineer if you should consider a new one, that is called a 'buying signal' in the trade.

You could ask, and if he says "yes" show him the door. He may fix it good and proper to convince you need a new one. However, if I was asked, you'd have to put up a damn good argument to get one. Unless there's a puddle of water underneath it, you'd only get a repair from me.

Thank you oilman for reminding us that there are 'good people' out there.
I was being harsh because the OP was talking himself into a new one, before diagnosis.

Sponsored Links
Cant Find an Engineer with Oil boiler experience who can come till late next week.
So i left a message with his ( Wife/Partner )
I hope a full service will help

Thanks for the suggestions on this forum

IF i was to opt for a New Boiler what would people recommend ?

Grant , potterton

Not condensing as these seem over complicated and with a long pay back time but someting efficient
Boiler is sited in Utility room on Ground floor to outside wall

oilman said:
Moss5 said:

You could ask, and if he says "yes" show him the door. He may fix it good and proper to convince you need a new one. However, if I was asked, you'd have to put up a damn good argument to get one. Unless there's a puddle of water underneath it, you'd only get a repair from me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back