Trianco tro 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My problem is not consistant and works fine when cold and then all of a sudden it wont fire up again when hot and goes into lock out and wont reset until the next day.Works on & off by using the water temp dial so that must be ok.Changed jet,solenoid valve,control box,photocell and next port of call is the transformer as it has to be a spark issue as it stinks of fuel when it locks out.electodes look fine & no cracks & does anyone have the settings for them or any other ideas.Trianco tro mk3 15/19.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It would probably have been cheaper to pay someone to fix it.

A faulty Ign TXFR will not prevent the control box from resetting!

What is the oil pressure, Co2, and FGT.

Are the baffles in place.

Sorry for duff info but it will try to reset and then go to lock out again but stinks even more from the unburnt fuel until it has cooled down and then will restart and could run ok for hours and i have noticed if its windy outside that seems to make it worse.

If the TXFR is a Danfoss EBI. they do sometimes have intermittent faults.
HT leads can also track.
Check for mains voltage at the plug on the tranny.
If it is present with no spark, then obviously it is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Yep its a Danfoss EBI and i was thinking of fitting electrodes as well just to be safe and trying to get a heating engineer around here is nigh impossible if you could afford one & worth a few quid on maybe wasted parts to eliminate the culprit & i think i started at the cheap end & getting to the expensive bits now.Its a shame because it runs like a dream when its ok but i would still like the settings for the electrodes as i had it serviced last year and i have found them way back beyond the nozzle & that can't be right can it & maybe if i can get them set right it might be ok? & why its worse in the wind if its blowing down the flue.Clutching at straws i know but the mind does that after a bit of red.

Try electrodes at 5mm gap. with tips slightly forward of nozzle tip.
Make sure they dont arc to the diffuser on blast tube.

Which burner is fitted?

I have wound the pressure up to get what i call a nice orange flame as it was yellow before and i know its very basic but not everyone can check pressures etc and we have to work of the hoof & i will check the electodes tomorrow & i would guess 4/5 mm & i have put them just in front on the jet pointing upwards so away from the diffuser & i have a feeling the jet is to close to the diffuser if someone can tell me the gap for that.

WHICH BURNER IS FITTED :?:

Electrodes should point inwards towards the nozzle spray.

I'd advise you to get an engineer in to set this up properly as you've altered the oil pump settings blindly, you really need to get the combustion settings right (a nice orange flame isn't the way to do it) - it'll take an Oftec guy a lot less time than you've spent so far and most likely worked out cheaper than replacing parts hoping they'd fix it.
I know a guy who works for Town & Country over your way all you have to do is call his office and they'll send him out it's not impossible ;)
is it a black or orange burner?

I have found a sticker and it says Type INTER B 9 and also it has Bentone on it.Its neither black or orange its just cast alloy with all the bits bolted to it if that helps.Tried it again today and was fine for about an hour and then locked out when trying to fire up again, tried to reset it a couple of times but went to lock out each time and it has to be a spark issue when it gets hot as its getting fuel.

.... tried to reset it a couple of times but went to lock out each time and it has to be a spark issue when it gets hot as its getting fuel.

It may also be a combustion air setting.

THe Bentone B9 Burner is not a fantastic burner, it is likely that your suspicion of the EBI Igntion spark generator are correct, but you have blindly made quite serious adjustments to this burner, with no way of testing the result!! B9's do not respond well to being over-aired, but this is not an invitation for you to blindly reduce the air!! :rolleyes:

Get an experience oil engineer in with pressure gauge and a flue gas analyser, preferably OFTEC registered ;)

An experienced operator would be useful, unfortunately a oftec certified operator only guarantees one who is barely adequate, as do most other industry "qualifications". If the opening gambit of a technician is to tell you of their qualifications, speak to someone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back