Trickling/bubbling heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people

Since I've been using a room in my house with exposed central heating pipes going up from floor to ceiling in one corner, I've noticed there is always a trickling noise within them whenever someone turns off the tap in the kitchen or when the toilet upstairs stops filling, as if water or air is entering the system. Is this normal? I am pretty sure the filling loop on the underside of the boiler (Worcester combi) is closed properly. Said pipes also seem to make a trickling sound an awful lot when the heating is on.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Several possibilities?
Are any of the Rads not working correctly, that is, are there any cold spots on the surfaces of the Rads?
Do you have to Re-Pressurise the heating circuit using the filling loop? If so how often?

If you have the first problem above, there is a possibility that you may need to add An Inhibiter, Fernox, other inhibiters are available? this type of additive will eliminate any air in the system.

If you have problem two above, it is a possibility that there is a leak of the heating water Somewhere? in the heating Circuit.

It is a possibility that, if you do not have either symptom above that because you are hearing is a physical transfer of sound from the domestic water distribution circuit to the heating system piping?

Ken.

trickling noise suggests air in the pipes. CH pipes should be totally unaffected by taps.

Are all the rads fully hot all over with no cold spots? What happens when you bleed them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back