tripping rcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a new electric hob fitted a couple of months ago , it was connected into the origional wiring and it worked fine but now it just trips my rcb all the time , i connected my old hob back up and it works fine, is there anything i can check with the new hob, the mcb doesnt trip it is just main rcb

Sponsored Links
since it is only the new hob that is causing the problem, it would suggest the fault lies there.

have you got access to the cable that supplies the hob? check to see it is not damaged otherwise i would say take the new hob to a repair shop.

is there anything i can check in wiring in the hob itself rather than having to send hob away the wiring outside looks ok

you could check the termiantions inside the hob but only do this if you can be sure you can put it back together! just check that the live neutral and earth terminations are free of each other. maybe you could replace the cable from the cooker socket to the hob??

Sponsored Links
Maybe the hobs draw different amounts of current? The old one didn't trip because it didn't draw above x amps, the new one trips because it draws above x amps?

What are the ratings of each?

dont know what the old one is but the new one is 26.1 total amps

notb665 said:
Maybe the hobs draw different amounts of current? The old one didn't trip because it didn't draw above x amps, the new one trips because it draws above x amps?

What are the ratings of each?

Errr....

jmkl01 said:
the mcb doesnt trip it is just main rcb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back