Triton Spellbind - Low Pressure Problem - ADVICE APPRECIATED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I had a Triton Spellbind 9.5 installed almost 2 years ago and has now stopped working almost entirely between 7 and 9am! It seems to be fairly ok during the day but of course this doesn't help when you need a shower to start the day and head off to work!

The plumber took the feed off the mains tank feed in the loft which meant effectively that it is still a mains feed to the unit and from time to time the low pressure light has gone on when for instance someone uses the tap in the kitchen (which is also very frustrating.)

Now the unit simply will not work even on eco let alone full power in order for the shower to work first thing in the morning. I've been investigating getting a new boiler and had the pressure tested by both a plumber (twice) and Thames Water. It had 2.5 bar pressure and was only 7-9Litres per min?sec? and Thames Water fixed a leak and it is now 12 Litres. This should be well enough pressure and flow rate for the shower to work (and my new 24kw boiler) but alas no go!

I have noticed that there is a flakey residue (not lime scale but something almost like square/rectangular stone flakes/possibly organic material) in the shower head and every 2 weeks I open it up to clean it out - could this be causing a problem in the power shower? We do not have a filter system on our water supply - should we be getting one to protect our new boiler when it is installed and to help this problem possibly? And is there any way to fix this problem without involving a plumber and electrician?

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an incoming mains pressure problem when everyone is using their water between 7 and 9! Have your plumbers checked the cold mains 'working' pressure between these times?

Could be a partial blockage of the inlet filter of the electric (not power!) shower.

Also this thread is interesting!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gas4you and Chris for your replies. Both confirmed what Triton said yesterday - and that was to firstly check the filter inlet for a blockage which may be effecting the already low pressure between 7 & 9am then if no luck contact the water supply company to investigate - am really hoping its a partial blockage as doubt Thames Water will be of any use having already been out to test the supply.

Plumber is booked for the job, so will keep you all posted on the result!

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back