triton sprint electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

Little help please.

We have a triton sprint electric shower, not sure if 8.5kw or 9.5kw.
The shower was installed to replace the existing electric shower (in place when we moved onto the house) which cocnked out. It appeared to have burnt inside.
The new shower wasnt used for a while while we sorted out a new bath etc but started to use it approx 4 weeks ago. All weel until the other night, the shower tripped the RCD, when I turned it back on the water power is a lot less and the temp has seriously reduced.

1) Should I just replace the shower or try and get it repaired?

2) If the same thing has happened to this shower as happened to the inital shower what do I do? Do I need to get the electrics checked out or does this happen to electric showers?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like one of the heating elements has failed and tripped the RCD as it did so.

What size cable do you have installed? With the lower wattage showers you will find significant loss of pressure when you turn the temp up.If the cable is 10.0mm t&e you could fit a 10.5kw.

no idea what size cable or the power of the shower.

the cable runs down the wall cavity and into the back of the shower, if i expose the cable how do i tell what size it is?

Sponsored Links
The power of your shower can sometimes be found on a label on the heater can inside the shower.Or on the outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back