Triton Topaz ti100 low pressure fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton Topaz T100si and has an intermittent low pressure fault the solenoid reads 3.78 ohms. Sometimes the LP fault is random other times its when the sink cold tap is turned on full?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It might not be a fault, it might be low pressure.

The dynamic pressure at the shower will be lower when the kitchen sink cold tap is turned on, and if the pressure is normally marginal, this could cause the lp fault. Try and plot what times of day the "random" lp faults occur. Could be at times of peak demand when pressure is lower generally as more people are using water.

It might not be a fault, it might be low pressure.

The dynamic pressure at the shower will be lower when the kitchen sink cold tap is turned on, and if the pressure is normally marginal, this could cause the lp fault. Try and plot what times of day the "random" lp faults occur. Could be at times of peak demand when pressure is lower generally as more people are using water.

It seems to be random but I use the shower before going to work around 5:30am and sometimes it will LP fault 2 or 3 times before working. Other times its used is around 7-8 pm and will LP fault a few times.

try checking the shower head for blockages and clean out also the hose to outlet . you could also check the plastic tube that leads into the pressure switch in
shower unit for blockages

Sponsored Links
try checking the shower head for blockages and clean out also the hose to outlet . you could also check the plastic tube that leads into the pressure switch in
shower unit for blockages

will give this a go. I will assume it's best to isolate power and turn off mains water before doing any work on the shower?

So I isolated the mains water. Cleaned out the shower including the inlet filter and put all back together.

Pressure seems stronger now so maybe I've opened the mains up a bit.

Will see what happens now.

did you clean the small pipe that leads to the pressure switch as well ,

did you clean the small pipe that leads to the pressure switch as well ,

I never cleaned it but had to disconnect it to clean the filter.

To clean this do I just removed thd pipe and run water through it?

if i remember right it can be removed and yes run under tap

Last edited:
So far so good. Shower seems to have better pressure and has not had some fault since I cleaned it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back