Trying to find a 20mmx22mm copper olive adapter solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased this (http://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/66022.htm) shower mixer from the UK that is connected with a 22mm compression fitting and am located in Australia.

Australian pipes are 20mm and subsequently purchased this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121107818265?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) adapter olive thinking it would do the trick.

Sadly its a copper to MDPE Olive and we have leakage.

Does anyone have knowledge of a solution (ie a copper to copper 20mmx22mm olive) that is available on the market or another option to expand the pipe or put a copper sleeve over the existing 20mm pipe?

Many thanks
Eliza

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Could you not solder a short length of 22mm copper over a length of your 20mm copper. The wall thickness of 22mm copper is 1mm so the bore of the tube will be 20mm, permitting fitting over the 20mm. This will then give you the correct OD.

Sponsored Links
Another idea would be to go to a BSP pipe fitting then back to your odd sizes.

Flaming Ozzies. Always doing things differently to spite the British-no matter how inconvenient it is for them :mrgreen:

Not much... I would imagine 30cm would be ample.....

Australian tap ware is just dreadful..

All the other Burlington items we purchased fit a treat. Its just this damn shower mixer! ;)

Its their own fault!

They originally came from the UK, decided they don't like our queen and change to funny pipe sizes.

Although I feel sorry for the OP, its a problem caused by the Aussies and not the UK !

Tony

Check out your nearest Philmac supplier.
A bit bulky, but their transition coupler 1143 should do the trick.

:mrgreen:

used to house share with a guy who'd pretend to be an Australian Concorde pilot to pick up girls. The lines were almost as bad as his accent.

But in a university with a woeful totty count he did surprisingly well.

I think it was about that time i realised I would never understand the fairer sex.

:mrgreen:

used to house share with a guy who'd pretend to be an Australian Concorde pilot to pick up girls. The lines were almost as bad as his accent.

I don't think the Australians ever had a Concorde aeroplane!

Think it was just the Brits and the Frogs!

True. But on more "chemically assisted" nights out he would also pretend to be an Albanian Leprechaun.

We did have a very enjoyable three years.

Kind of a cross between Withnail & I, Beavis and Buthead and Harold & Kumar.

0.9mm wall thickness - even better. That means a bore of 20.2mm which will permit the 20mm to slip in with no bother.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back