TS400 Final shutoff - does the bell have to ring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a TS400 in our rental flat that we want to get rid of. I have asked the tenant to get a quote from a local company but I am concerned about how this is to be done. The lady in the flat below complains about noise a lot, so if possible, I want to avoid the outside bell ringing for 20 mins whilst the battery runs down.
Does anyone know please if an alarm company have a method of removing the power supply from the alarm without the 20 mins ringing? - if not, I may as well do it myself and save the £60 call out fee?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No that's kind of the point that you cannot instantly silence them.

Last edited:
turn off the power to the alarm circuit
activate the alarm
let the battery run down
problem solved
battery is flat
no power to the circuits
so will never work

The bell may not sound for that long with the power removed. I depends of the age of the battery.
You have to get up to the bell and disconnect the internal battery if your decommissioning the alarm system .

Sponsored Links
depends on the bell box its self and it's battery to what it will do when the power is off from the panel.

alarm panel no power, and then if its ringing up the ladder and remove the battery in the bell box, otherwise you will have to let it time out.

I would say it can be done and dusted by a pro in a few minutes with limited noise.

time out = no timer no power, run out of bell box's own power (and no timer is a possibility but it will eventually die, time extinct ).

Like I said earlier depends on what hes got at the bell end.

No ladders does mean it could be going off a long time before it dies if power only cut at the panel end.
But it holds true that no power to the bell from the panel, the bell may trigger and eventually it will die regardless.

Put it another way, if you haven't got ladders, you could come unstuck and subject the lady who likes her quiet to noise for longer 15/20mins, she can complain to the council, they can charge you if they call someone to come and disconnect it and it wont be £60 you be parting with.

Like I said earlier depends on what hes got at the bell end.
Like it!

Thanks all for your comments. It is a second floor flat, so I think my only issue will be getting up to the box to get the battery off. If I can do that, then it looks to be a fairly easy job for me to do (provided the lady downstairs is out!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back