Tumble dryer vent angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi a quick question about fitting a vent through the wall for my tumble dryer. Is there a certain height it needs to be or should it be directly and straight behind the ventilation connection at the back of the tumble dryer? Are you allowed a 45 degree turn presuming there aren't any kinks?

Also i intend to remove a brick as i've got a square duct which connects to the outside. Does it matter if there is a fence in front of the outside vent if it is about a foot away. Finally what angle should the hole through the external wall be as i gather it should be sloping down from inside. Can it be a very minor gradient as when it's slotted into the space the brick will be it looks like it will lie almost horizontall!!

Sorry for the sheer number of questions. Your help and advice are as ever always warmly received.

Sponsored Links
The straighter, shorter the vent the more effective it will be , slight downward gradient is desirable but not essential, fence is of not concern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back