Tundish

G

GaytonTonner

I want to get from 22mm plastic pipe to a 22mm x 28mm tundish and then into a 1 1/4" trap. Toolstation sell the tunishes.
http://www.toolstation.co.uk
numbers: 50370

50370.jpg

How could I do this? What adapters? The tundish and trap are easily obtained.

Sponsored Links
yes, the tundish is made by Reliance for unvented cylinders.

hep2o do an adaptor to go from a tundish to a hep2o trap, website down so cant find it at mo.

Sponsored Links
hep2o do an adaptor to go from a tundish to a hep2o trap, website down so cant find it at mo.

I saw that. It is "very" expensive for what it is. I want to go to a normal 1 1/4" trap, not a HepVo trap.

I just a need one or two adapters to get from 28mm compression to the 1 1/4" union on the trap, the part that screws to the plughole assembly on a basin.

Ok so are you G3 registered to fit all this?

You need the hepVo trap due to the potential discharge water temp.

I meant the rating of the plastic pipe you wish to join to the tundish

you can't do it then and if you were qualified to install an unvented cylinder you'd know that.

It is an ATAG Blue Angel boiler. The pressure relief and condensate run into the same 22mm plastic connection pipe on the boiler. A good touch. A 32mm pipe was run up with the 22mm dropping inside, with an air gap around and no tundish. The 32mm pipe runs to and outside gully. The idea is to keep it all inside and get rid of the outside pipe.

Any pipe used with be the high temperature pipe, which even Wickes sell.

Can copper pipe be used with condensate for short runs like a few inches?

Although off-topic, as far as I know inserting a tunish on an unvented cylinder is not illegal as the pressure controls are not touched. This is no different to teeing off the draw-off pipe at the top of the cylinder.

I can't find a plastic adapter to go from 1 1/4" to a 28mm male spigot. I looked around and saw these.

http://www.bes.co.uk
number. 14837 A 1 1/4" M x 1" F stainless bush.
number. 17639 A 28mm compression x 1" M union

The stainless bush screws onto the trap.The 28mm compression union screws into the bush and a short length of 28mm coper that runs into the 28mm tundish.

OK? Or is the few inches of 28mm copper pipe a problem?

Expanding on the topic although not related to the topic problem. Other boilers have the discharge pipe into copper. I see no reason why this cannot be run into a tundish and high temperature trap and waste pipe. This is no different to what atag are doing and their boilers are legal. Doing this will tidy up the walls of blocks of flats and stop the dripping.

Do as was done before, simply use 32mm plastic right up to the discharge on the boiler, no need for tundish, just needs an air gap which will be created by the 32,, pipe

Expanding on the topic although not related to the topic problem. Other boilers have the discharge pipe into copper. I see no reason why this cannot be run into a tundish and high temperature trap and waste pipe. This is no different to what atag are doing and their boilers are legal. Doing this will tidy up the walls of blocks of flats and stop the dripping.

Yes other boilers have copper for the safety discharge only, this is combined safety discharge and condense, because of the condense plastic pipe has to be used, consense will corrode copper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back