Turf cutter problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've hired a turf cutter to take up a small lawn at the front of my house but I just can't get it to cut the turf. Can anyone help?

The cutter is one of the small yellow light duty ones.

I've tried having the cutting blade at different heights but when ever the blade comes into contact with the earth it stops moving. I've felt the blade and it's not razor sharp. To me it seems as though either the blade is not sharp enough or there's something up with the machine as it doesn't seem to have the the power to keep the blade going once it hits the ground .

I've cut the grass nice and short and I watered it a few hours prior to starting the job.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts ?

Thanks

Tom

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply but when I follow your link the second video down is a video from hss about a turf cutter but nothing about blade problems. I've searched and can't find anything similar. Can you tell me who the video is posted by?

I thought the HSS one might be the same as the yellow one you hired, obviously not. Can you see the blade moving back and forward as it cuts the sod out?
Or give the hire company a wee ring tomorrow .........

Sponsored Links
Ah, yes.. Similar model to what I have. Blade moves same as in hss video but as soon as hits ground it stops. I'll try hire firm tomorrow. I now know why they call it sod!

In what manner does it stop? does it die through lack of power? You should be able to turn up the revs via a throttle on the bars?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back