TV RECORDER AND FREESAT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given a Hitachi Digital TV recorder for Christmas but my TV is connected to SKY freesat because we do not have a good digital signal in oour area. Can I connect the recorder to this and if so how please?

Sponsored Links
I have been given a Hitachi Digital TV recorder for Christmas but my TV is connected to SKY freesat because we do not have a good digital signal in oour area. Can I connect the recorder to this and if so how please?

remember digital signals are oreintaion specific
in other words the aerial looking at the end needs to be horizontal or vertical
also if you are within a few miles off the transmitter a set top aerial may work

Sponsored Links
we are------------------ all still learning
But some of us have already learned to spell "of" and "orientation" and to begin a sentence with a capital letter. ;)

The phrase "set top aerial" is a misnomer. The top of a TV set is the last place to put an aerial because TVs emit interference. Keep the aerial well away from the TV.

as you know set top is just a description as tvs dont have a flat surface any more to sit them on

and if you think my spelling is bad you should look at my first posts on the forums without spell checkers from around 10 years ago :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back