TV speakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately my Humax TV with a speaker bar fitted below the TV has give up. I have purchased a Blaupunkt TV but the sound is tin like,
I would like to know if it would be possible to take the sound bar off the old TV for use on the new ? if so can you advise?
Alternatively I have looked into purchasing a separate sound bar to plug into the TV's USB or headphone socket, but nobody has been able to give me a straight answer as to whether this would work, any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
I would like to know if it would be possible to take the sound bar off the old TV for use on the new ? if so can you advise?
It should be possible with a couple of basic tools such as a screwdriver and spanner. If that fails, a hammer and crowbar should do it.

Once it's off, you can fix it to the new TV using a drill, self-tapping screws and a screwdriver, or double-sided adhesive tape, superglue, etc.
Alternatively I have looked into purchasing a separate sound bar to plug into the TV's USB or headphone socket, but nobody has been able to give me a straight answer as to whether this would work, any ideas welcome.
A sound bar that's designed to be plugged into a headphone socket will definitely work with a headphone socket (to state the bleedin obvious). I'm not certain about USB. Might depend on the firmware.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back