Twin inlet valve no bypass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction?

I am replacing 2 of our old radiators in our childrens bedrooms, the first of which replaced with no incident as they were 2 valves that I could switch off, an in and an out. However, the second radiator has a single inlet valve with 2 pipes going into it with no bypass screw either (see image).

My question is, how can I stop the water from the system so I can replace the radiator without draining the system. Am I missing something simple or will I have to freeze the pipe?

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
It's a nasty monoblock valve, there is an injector tube which goes halfway along the inside of the rad to separate the inlet & outlet
Problem 1) no isolation for return (usually a cap with a screw under it)
Problem 2) this type of valve wont work with most modern Rads as you can't get the injector pipe into the rad

You will have to either Freeze the return and extend it to the otherside of your rad, or drain the system to achieve the same result. ;)

I feared as much, I think I will get a plumber in for this one!

Tanks again for your advice, its much appreciated!!

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back