Two storey extension.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My mums neighbours are planning a two storey extension at the rear of their property. It's a semi detached with my mums house. The height of the extension will be overbearing and windows will now look into my mums garden. There may also be shading to her bedroom window but I'll have to check properly. The new bit is being built on top of an existing single storey extension that is right on the deviding line between the properties.
What if any are the objections we can use to comment on this?
Edited to say its in Scotland.
Tia

Sponsored Links
The height of the extension will be overbearing and windows will now look into my mums garden.
Surely the extension height will be no different to the existing house and I'm pretty sure that both your mum and your neighbours can look into each other gardens from your existing bedroom windows already?

The existing single storey extension actually provides privacy. You can't see into garden from bedroom windows at the moment. Small gardens.

Sponsored Links
Yes but, people the world over can look into each others gardens from bedroom windows so this can not form a basis for complaint or objection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back