Two way opening window only opening one way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of these:

images

It will open fully from the side hinges but something is stuck so it won't open the other way as shown in the image.

Any sugegstions on how to remedy this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That's not my window - just a photo to show what kind I have. Mine doesn't open in that direction at all. That's the problem.

Does it open if you play with the handle in various positions? It sounds like the mechanism is slightly out of adjustment. If you do manage to get it open try tweaking the adjustment screw a half turn at a time. That can be seen once the window is open in normal mode.

Sponsored Links
Tilt and turns are a nightmare, you will need to open the window fully and then find the little latch that operates the gearing and hold it in while lifting the handle to put it in the tilt postion while doing this get someone to check all the bolts are moving( i bet the aint) if thats the case it sounds like something has snapped or where the gearings join one of them have popped out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back