Types of rawlplugs used on this fencepost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This gutter has overflowed due to a heavily blocked downpipe (currently disconnected) and continually dripped onto the post and panel between the gate and these have rotted quite badly. I will need to replace this fencepost held to the wall with two 4 inch screws but I am unsure as to the type of rawlplug that has been used here – it does not seem to want to come out. In anycase should these be replaced?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, guys. Are they the type that are tapped in with the screw in place with a hammer or should a hole be drilled first? Certainly the screw was easily removed from its plug.

Sponsored Links
Not ideal for that application as they pull out easily. I would cut off and tap in some timber to get a firmer fixing.

Not ideal for that application as they pull out easily. I would cut off and tap in some timber to get a firmer fixing.
Well I have tried to pull it out with a bit of a tug and it is not shifting. If I do what you say and cut the plugs can I just tap in a bit of dowel to firm it up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back