Typical boiler output temperature ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton Kingfisher2 which seems to be overheating. The boiler stat is calibrated 1234 Max and at 3 , the radiators are at 70C (using my wife's meat thermometer !) I have had to turn it back as at max, the bolier was boiling (!!!). What is the typical temperature range ? and Max ? for a boiler output ? :oops:

Sponsored Links
It's a traditional radiators and hot water tank but with variations. The Heating and H/W primaries are separated at the boiler with separate pumps which is a bit unusual. The room stat controls the heating pump. The cylider stat controls a 2 port valve and the h/w pump. It was installed back in 1975, but boiler and pumps replaced about 10 years ago, just before the condensing boiler regs came in. Just to confuse it a bit more, the two bathroom radiators are gravity fed with a take off before the pumps which I think is also the expansion pipe. Don't know where the returns go but works fine.

The only thing I can think of is that the boiler stat is failiing as things seem very hot, but it is working at 70C at setting 3 now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back