tyre inflator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to inflate car tyres from my compressor (used for air nailing) I need the valve connector and guage any recommendationes ,you know cheap and great quality

Sponsored Links
I wouldn`t trust the gauge - get an old fashioned " pop out" tyre pressure gauge too ;)

Sponsored Links
70 Bar????!!! What kind of car has 1000 PSI in the tyres?!

Anyway, that aside, I agree with the Machine Mart suggestion on the tyre inflator. I have one and it works fine. Cheap as chips, but the gauges aren't the best.

OK so it seems you can blow your tyres up very successfully for not much money by 12 or 240v compressors but the gauges aren't much chop,so the next question got to be, which pressure tester is up to the mark?

My experiences are that the hand held "pencil" gauges are as accurate as anything else. Just a telescopic metal tube that you push on to the valve and it blows it's telescopic bit outwards. You then read the pressure from a marking scribed on the side of the tube. Dead simple, nothing to go wrong. I also like the simple Bourdon-type presure gauges. I have a Halfrauds' electric one which, ergonomically, isn't very nice to use, but has the advantage of a clear, illuminated display and can read in PSI, KPa or Bar. Not sure how accurate it is. There are various claims on the packet, but I have no way of verifying them. At least it seems consistent.

I have to agree, thae gauges on the inflators are terrible.....I've a cheapo digital gauge to check things out afterwards.
John

My experiences are that the hand held "pencil" gauges are as accurate as anything else. Just a telescopic metal tube that you push on to the valve and it blows it's telescopic bit outwards. .
That`s the one ;)

I've been using a 12v compressor for years. It takes a bit of care when fitting the connector to the valve as the temptation is to push it on as far as it will go before you lock it in place. I ruined a couple of valve cores this way before realising that I had to stop pushing as soon as the first hiss of air is heard.

The integrated gauge isn't too far off but I always check with a cheapo digital gauge afterwards. This gives similar readings to the even cheaper telescopic gauge I used before that but it's easier to read :)

Sponsored Links
Back