Tyrolean gun - sand and cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Need some advice regarding the tyrolean applicater gun.

We had an extension built last year and the exterior render was applied using the applicater using a sand and cement mix. This was completed by builders and the overal job was good.

My question is, I've recently had new windows fitted and some of the walls around them have been chipped off. I've hired the applicater gun from the shop, just to touch up the bits around the sills and windows. However I cannot get it spy at all, i've tried a dry mix and a wet mix but it didnt spray at all.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything?? Should the gun be able to spray a normal sand a cement mix?

I'm unsure to whether the machine is broken.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
As Roughcaster said in that other post, you need to use the proper Tyrolean mix, comes in bags of about 25Kg, several colours available from the BM. It will take a stone paint over the top if you wish.

Sponsored Links
I checked on youtube and google videos but no one has done one :) I never seen one of this gun in action. would be nice to see it from a pro...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back