u tube videos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When watching they stop and start every few seconds, with a sort of circle going round.
What causes this, anything I can do to cure it.

I have Vista and only a basic sky package if that matters.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You must have a slow download speed and that is not streaming fast enough to play continuously.
Not a lot you can do to watch but you can download and save the film.

If it is something you want to save, use YouTube Downloader:
http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
then convert to WMV file and save to a folder in My documents.

It will still download it and then once converted you can watch it normally anytime you want.

dave

Just want to watch them really.
Done one of them speed tests and was 333kbps, dont sound too good to me. :(

Who is your broadband supplier?

Run this speed test and when it openspoint at the blue star near London and, if it shows click on London to run the test.

Post the figures back here

When the test result shows, just click 'Copy forum link' and paste it on here:

dave

Sponsored Links
Thanks, rather not post link, as it has ip address on it

Sky broadband (el cheapo package) :oops:
2.8/5 three stars
download 0.33 3.34Mb/s
upload 0.35 0.11Mb/s
ping 69ms
latency 69ms
server london less than 50 miles
Global rank 47%
local rank 40%
your ave 2.56Mb/s
your isp ave 5.91Mb/s

Anything missing just say.

'as it has ip address on it'

It doesn't display your IP address, that is why you can copy and paste the link in forums.

Your download speed (3.34Mb/s) should be fast enough for YouTube videos without them pausing to stream.

Is it like this at any time of day or night and all month, because it could be your ISP throttling back your speeds if you are nearing your monthly download limit?

Have you got Adobe Flash Player 10 installed?
If no get it free from here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
and then use Control Panel > Add/Remove to uninstall any earlier version of Flash Player.
Which browser are you using to watch YouTube, and is it the latest updated version? Either Internet Explorer 8.0.7600 16385
or Firefox v3.5.5
To find out the version you are using open the browser and click Help in the toolbar, then click About.

dave

Rocky,

You could try emptying out your Temporary Internet Files.

I find your symptoms happen to me if I've been caning it on Youtube or other video streaming websites.

If you need a hand on how to do this then shout back with which browser you use i.e. Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Jay

As Jaysta said, clear out your temp files etc:

To clear out all your temporary files, tool of choice is ATF Cleaner, it is free and you do not have to install it. Download and instructions here (Windows XP, 2K, 2003 & Vista ONLY)
* NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.

-- Click on ATF-Cleaner to run it
-- Where it says Select Files To Delete, Check the Select All Option
-- Click Empty Selected - > OK

If you use Firefox browser, do this also:

* Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.
* Click the Empty Selected button.

Then have a look at youTube again. Your browser speeds should be up to it without causing the break in streaming

basic sky is 2Mb, type into your browser 192.168.0.1 username and pass is sky and password if you havnt changed it, have a look on the first screen to see what you are connected at, try restarting the router.

if no joy, phone sky.

for info, sky dont throttle back for over useage, you now get a warning e-mail at 70%, and if you go over twice in a year (i think) they upgrade you if you want it or not, although the basic iirc is a 2Gb limit.

Sponsored Links
Back