U16 Gas Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just signed up and I have searched previous posts but cant find my answer...
So I will ask my queation. I have just bought a restaurant that has a U16 gas meter attached and would need to know how many gas appliances can run off it?

This is what I would like to run off it:
a 40 kw boiler heating a 4 storey building
a 30 kw 6 ring oven
a 25 kw double fryer
a small gas chargrill (do not know the kw)
a 600 mm gas salamander grill (do not know the kw, might be 4.5 but i thought that sounded low?)
a solid top oven 25kw

Can anyone tell me is a U16 capable of running all of these applicance? If not how many could it run?

Could it run all the cooking equipment if the boiler was off and we just used the emersion for hot water? It will be late March when we open so hopefully we will not need the heating on when chefs are cooking.

I would really appreciate advice on options.

Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
A U16 meter will supply 16 M3/hour of gas, that equals approx 172KW

When you get the GSR in to carry out the work or certificate the existing installation he will be able to tell you.

If we take diversity factor into account then.....................oops gotta go.....

Sponsored Links
Be fun trying to find what you need in a GSR man.

Min will be domestic for boiler, commercial for pipework, commercial catering for the group 1 and 3's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back