UFH and Rads running from Electric Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I know it's Christmas - and a Happy one to all - but my head's about to explode trying to work out a solution to my problem, viz:

I want to run an underfloor heating system of 4 zones with a number of radiators in the upstairs rooms. At the moment I have a 9kW electric boiler (I know, but we're off mains gas, oil is too volatile price wise and our 'leccy comes from a local clean hydro scheme, which we may someday attempt to emulate) which will run on economy 10. DHW is a totally separate system. The system supplied has a Honeywell ST6100 single channel timer wired to a master unit controlling the UFH manifold. This master can either switch on the boiler or run a two port valve. Ideally, I want the boiler to run only within the economy off-peak times and as the UFH requires a 1 to 2 hour warm up I want to be able to have the rads kick in about half an hour before needed. Is there any way to achieve this without buying another timer or replacing the one I have with a two channel model. Also, if the master controls the boiler switching, how can I get the boiler to run outwith the program times in order to heat rads only? The boiler has a dedicated volt free terminal for switching which the master unit can control. If I have to use another programmer, can I have both wired to this terminal, independently calling for heat or will they conflict?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back