Uncaring builders

Yes securespark. Go to the top of the class! No actually, what's that horse doing in your picture?

Sponsored Links
Just aside from this jolly feline / canine chat .......:mrgreen:
Myra - are your building inspectors prepared to contact this builder on your behalf? All correspondence is best carried out by letter, and copies held.
Now then - who's got advice to prevent my friendly neighbourhood badger from a) Making my lawn edge look like a Wigan pie crust b) leaving black and grey hairs on me new paintwork?? :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yes John, they have had trouble contacting him as we have but have said they are totally responsible for putting our garden back to normal. They are going to try and contact him by some other means. Hopefully this will do it. I haven't heard anything since this morning though.
Ah... badgers are sweet too! Are you sure it wasn't a dodgy paint brush?:rolleyes:

No doubt there's at least one Brock cruising the singles setts, dressed in a dashing shade of Sadolin Rosewood.......apparently it's the in shade, this year :sleep:

It sounds to me like just one more of those dishonest builders you see on the TV programmes. I don't want to sound defeatist, but at the end of the day they often seem to get away with whatever they've done.
I wouldn't let that put you off, though. Hopefully, the building inspectors will pursue and eventually find this person and ensure that he puts things right.
Look at it this way: there are many people who have lost a great deal of money to these cowboys and never recoup any of it, so it could be a lot worse.

Yes you're right JBR and at least it's the end of the whole build so hopefully this will all go away soon and we can forget about it. Just a really bad chapter at the end of a nightmare build I suppose. There is another build opposite them going on at the moment and the difference in everything is astounding. The person who owns the building company comes round regularly to make sure everything is ok and there is absolutely no work at weekends. He even employed someone to hose the dust all day long when they demolished what was there. You hardly know the builders are there and the disruption is minimal. When there is a big lorry outside and I'm trying to get out of the drive there is always someone ready to guide me out safely. The whole thing is so different to what we had next door which we are still reeling from.
I just want to say "thank you " again. I was very angry and upset when I posted here but felt all of you understood and you gave such good advice which I have noted down. Then you got me laughing again - been a long time!
You are a such a good hearted lot - totally mad - but good hearted! Thank you so much for everything.:)

We had 12 Persian cats at one stage but down to 3 now along with 3 long haired German shepherds and 2 chocolate poodles so I think that makes me the most loveliest in the whole world not just here!

Very impressive crank39. What happened to 9 Persian cats? Let's hope they all dies of natural causes!
Phoned the building inspectors today as we still haven't heard from the builder. They are now saying that it's not building regs job to enforce this and that they have tried to contact him. I have decided to clear the mess myself and refuse them any more access in the future. I just want to get things back to normal and get the plant in.

Very impressive crank39. What happened to 9 Persian cats? Let's hope they all dies of natural causes!
Phoned the building inspectors today as we still haven't heard from the builder. They are now saying that it's not building regs job to enforce this and that they have tried to contact him. I have decided to clear the mess myself and refuse them any more access in the future. I just want to get things back to normal and get the plant in.
Is this so called builder or architect listed on any websites ie: My Builder? You could give a glowing review.

This guy will probably ignore your calls, just like all the others......I was quite surprised when the inspectors offered to do this, frankly.
Now then......a letter from legal people has significantly more clout :eek:
A bit like a Sadolin coloured badger, if you like - at least to a Mrs. Badger :D

They are now saying that it's not building regs job to enforce this
Surprised BC never stated this from the outset. They will not get involved in things that are not within their remit and are very strict on this.
Who gave you the impression that they would carry any sway as far as your garden was concerned?

Sponsored Links
Back