Uncaring builders

I'd phone the builder and ask for a quote to put the garden right. Have him do the job then pay him with a "touché".

Sponsored Links
We had 12 Persian cats at one stage but down to 3 now along with 3 long haired German shepherds and 2 chocolate poodles so I think that makes me the most loveliest in the whole world not just here!
No. Dogs produce negative points.

Well to be honest they seemed quite annoyed with the architect themselves and hadn't been able to contact him for their own reasons. They seemed very sympathetic and said they would contact him somehow and mention that they have to clear the mess up. A different inspector that we spoke to yesterday said it wasn't their job so now we're back to square one.
I haven't investigated the builder review websites. It's worth a go. He has his own company in London and he is part of the considerate builders scheme!! Unbelievable! I would never leave anything on there though as I would be the one ending up feeling terrible. It would cause him a great deal of damage and I couldn't do that. I think, as this hasn't been resolved, that I will clear the front garden myself. My anger on the situation is changing to impatience and I just want to get things sorted and put back to normal. I still may seek legal advice but we are quite worn down by everything and as it's the end of the build it seems better now just to let things go. There were far greater things that happened during the build that we should have sought legal advice about but didn't so maybe now isn't the best time on reflection. We will not be giving him any more access without a written document stating what they intend to do. I'll probably clear up today and then hopefully that it will be it. I'm still going to look on those review sites though!
Thank you so much for everything.

Sponsored Links
The main purpose of a review is to inform other potential customers.

At the end of the day Myra is probably best just to let things go.....its in the past, lets move on - for your well being anyway.
Personally I don't condemn anyone on a public domain, just in case it bites me back but that's up to you.
However, lets be wiser too.....no one can access your property without your express permission (apart from police and other people with a legal right of access) - it doesn't matter what for. Access can be denied at any time.
Your neighbour doesn't realise (or care) about the stress that she has caused you, directly or indirectly......she doesn't call the shots either. Have your garden the way you want it, don't give her any ammunition to cause a fuss about but she needs to be aware that she has no right to be in control of you but you may consider any future requests.
It may be obvious by now that I have been down this route before......one of my favourite answers to 'barrack room lawyers' is 'No - what was the question?'
Anyway, I think I can safely say that we all send you our best wishes!
John :)

I thought neighbours had the legal right to have access to your property in order to maintain there's? OK they have to let you know and can't just rock up but they won't need your permission as it's there right, I would of thought they just need to arrange a convenient time for both parties? But back to the original point they can't cause damage to your property whilst carrying out repairs to there's, if so then they put it right, that's the neighbourly thing to do

I think they need a court order for that.

No, I'm afraid they don't Crank - although they may give you that impression......they can't legally access your land even for painting without your permission.
Anyone in their right mind wouldn't say no of course, and it just shows how important it is for people to get along for the good of one and all.
Most people cut their noses off to spite their own faces.....here's an example:
Neighbours needed an oil tanker to stand on my drive for their oil delivery into their tank into their back garden. That was fine by me.
Neighbours changed and became unpleasant for one reason or another. I said the tanker could no longer use my drive so now their oil pipe has to go through their front door.
Gun - foot - BANG!
Although it may not sound it, I'm the easiest guy in the world to get along with......but I don't like bullies. They said they would take me to court - I said fine.....but I'll go for costs.
They didn't.

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered that the company has gone into liquidation. Guess we were just unlucky victims of the mess.

Well, now there's a thing!!
Place your bets......the same individuals will reappear under a different trading name in a week :eek:
Leave it behind you Myra, move on and keep an eye on that neighbour of yours!
Best wishes

As the company has gone bust and possibly been declared bankrupt, it would be fine for you to name it on here I think.

Maybe give it a bit longer. I don't want to cause any problems even though I am desperate to name them.

Sponsored Links
Back