Undercoat on Dulux Trade paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Under each colour in the "Dulux Trade Professional Colour Guide" it specifies a colour of undercoat.

View media item 33590
It seems silly, but is this a requirement?

Dulux Trade don't seem to stock "Silver Grey" undercoat as a standard premixed colour. Am I going to have to pay through the nose for colour mixing for the undercoat!?

I'll be using the Diamond Matt finish.

Sponsored Links
I am a little confused regarding your post, Diamond Matt is an emulsion so why would you require an undercoat.

If you were to offer a little more detail as to what you are trying to achieve and what surfaces you are decorating, We would be able to help you further.

Dec

I'm painting fresh plastered walls.

I'll mist coat using cheap Gliddens white emulsion before doing the top coat in decent colour.

The only reason I thought an undercoat was needed was because the Dulux colour guide mentions it below each colour swatch without details of when one is needed.

I take it from your answer an undercoat is only needed for gloss?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
No you don't need an undercoat, they do however have many more uses than just a base for gloss.

I think you've got the rest covered, if you require any more advice feel free to ask.

Good luck to you

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back