Underfloor heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have electric underfloor heating in my conservatory that has worked fine for a few years. I have just tried to turn it on after the summer and it now will not work.

Everything powers up okay and I can set the timer and temperature etc but every time the thermostat kicks in the power goes and the system resets.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When you say "the power goes", what actually turns off? An RCD?

If so it sounds like a fault in the floor heating element.
A fault with the sensor would not cause this problem.

Did you have any work done in the conservatory over the summer. Did someone drill into the floor?

You'll need an electrician with an insulation resistance tester to confirm there is a problem, then you'll need to locate physically where the problem actually is in the floor.

Thanks,

No, I've had no work done at all.

The power to the thermostat/control on the wall goes and then comes on again a few moments later like it is resetting itself. The floor does not get hot.

Sponsored Links
Could be a losse connection, turn the power off and check connections behind the stat and in the junction/FCUs associated with the floor heating.

Do you have a mutimeter or two-prong test device? I would be testing to see where the power goes off.
ie test if the power feed to the stat/controller is still there when the problem happens - that could lead to a suspect controller.
\

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back