Underfloor heating recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Am looking into this and will be laid onto a suspended floor / floorboards

What is a good option for a quick install?

Maybe laying laminate on top.

any info appeciated

Sponsored Links
Don't bother.

Electric underfloor heating under laminate flooring is a waste of time and money.

At best it'll just take the chill off the floor, at worst you won't even know it's on. It certainly will never actually heat the room up.

We have a small cottage with this fitted under a tile floor and it seems to work well.
This was already in the house when purchased so no idea on type
Tiles wouldnt suit this install

Electric underfloor heating under laminate flooring is a waste of time and money.
Very often this is true. At best it warms the floor enough to be comfortable to walk on in bare feet.

It certainly will never actually heat the room up.
It can warm the room only but at the cost of scorched feet, warped laminate and staines from spilages baked into the surface of the laminate.

Sponsored Links
Jeez some people spout some real rubbish on here at times, electric underfloor is fine with laminate, I have it working very happily in a conservatory and it wams the room nicely!!! Don't get me wrong, it's not cheap to run but can work effectively if you get the right system. Mine came from www.allbrite.co.uk I suggest you talk to them regarding which system is right for your specific requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back