Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

Does anyone have a recommendation on a cheap under floor heating system?

The local tile shop wants £300 for an 8 metre length of it.

Does Wickes or someone like that do a cheaper alternative?

cheers

D

Sponsored Links
By all means shop around, search the internet etc, and certainly take advice, but beware of choosing a product from one of the sheds purely on the basis of price.

If something accessible fails because it's cräp, that's not too bad, but once you've got underfloor heating in you do not ever want to have to replace it.

Breezer - I'm dialed up on a wireless LAN on my laptop as I am bed-ridden for 3 months with 2 broken legs. I'd love to go to Wickes :)

Ban -all- sheds - you are making a good point my friend.

The £300 one looks good. There is not a great deal of options on the www that's all.

cheers

D

Sponsored Links
darrenh said:
Breezer - I'm dialed up on a wireless LAN on my laptop as I am bed-ridden for 3 months with 2 broken legs. I'd love to go to Wickes :)

D

seeing as you didnt mention it, i was not to know.

Do you want to use it to heat the room or just take the bite of cold tiles?

I used a Warmup system and it was very easy to lay the wire and connect up (my electrician had already connected a wire to the fuse box). B&Q do a mat but this resticts the layout.

The wire I have used can heat my floor tiles to about 25 but I only have it set to 20 to take the ice cold bite of them in the morning and evening. We have a normal radiator to heat the room.

Meblin

no worries Breezer.

Thanks Meblin - we need it to warm the tiels and the room so maybe I'd take it up to 25.

darrenh said:
no worries Breezer.

Thanks Meblin - we need it to warm the tiels and the room so maybe I'd take it up to 25.

I used the wire to just over it's suggested area (so the runns are further appart). If I wanted it to be warmer I should have used a longer wire and mad the runs narrower. (The shop assitant said that the tile can heat up to 55)

Meblin

Mine is connected to it's own supply. I got it from Topps Tiles but can be bought from many Tile shops.

Here is a link to the electrical installation.

Meblin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back