Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a problem with underfloor heating. The upstairs radiators and boiler all seem OK. The pressure in the underfloor manifold is pulsing, I suspect due to the pump function. The pump is a Grundfos alpha 25-60. The temperature under the floor has dropped to 25 degrees C and the house is cooling slowly.
Any ideas of what the problem is?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Bit more info wouldn't go amiss. Crystal balls are notoriously unreliable in winter.

What happened
When did it start
boiler
number of rads
anything to do with the subject really

Sponsored Links
Hi
It started 2 days ago. The house temp dropped. When I checked for flow at the manifold for the undergloor heating I noticed a pump that is pulsing or sounding like the flow in in waves rather than constant. The flow valves are bouncing up and down with it. The pump is a grundfos alpha 25-60. The system is polyplumb. The boiler and upstairs rads are all working fine. Problem is just the underfloor part.
Hope that helps

Check the filter on the inlet to the tmv.
You're installer should have fitted full bore isolating valves for servicing the mixing assembly so it should be easy to check this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back