Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys/gals, just moved into a property in Wales with wet ufh, still trying to get used to it, does seem to be burning lots of oil, it's a invisible heating setup, about 10 years old, big house, the thermostats are Wlta-19 oj, 2 wire, with a small wheel and increments, the hall area today was calling for heat even though the therm was right down, outside was around 10 degrees so not cold generally, I removed the cover and selected 0 on the selector to stop it kicking in and wasting fuel, the system is on constant as this was said to be the best way to operate, I would like to change some of the thermostats to more user friendly items, need to get more familiar with the system, any advice appreciated. Dave

Sponsored Links
Sounds like some new programmable room thermostats would help you here. Look at Heatmiser NeoAir - app controllable and designed for use with UFH. You don't need to run it 24/7

Thanks Andrew, will look at that, I presume any replacement therm will need to have the same selectable zone function? Handy with most things but not familiar with this side of things. Dave

Sorry, what do you mean by selectable zone function? Aren't the thermostats you have now just dial stats?

Sponsored Links
Yes, they are, but under cover there is a small dial to select the zone which the therm is controlling, obviously set when fitted? Dave

Yes, that seems to be the norm, just don't want areas calling for heat when therms are down at min and temp is ok, just got to source affordable newer stats. Dave

That sounds like the Rehau 5 volt bus system. And expensive.
Certainly not something I'd be ripping out.
Rehau work in partner ship with OJ electronics.

This is a link to their controls set up...
https://www.rehau.com/download/788358/ba-controller-technical-manual.pdf

I have their older installation manual and I don't think it shows in that link but the manual I am in possession with shows detailed electrical schematics for 5 different set ups...

1 - Central programming with individual room temperature adjustment
2 - Local programming with individual room temperature adjustment
3 - Central programming with tamperproof thermostats in each room
4 - Independent programming with individual time & temperature settings in each case
5 - Connection of add on modules - allows up to 14 zones to be controlled.

Last edited:
daxcobra, did you get a satisfactory result? I have a similar problem. In addition, I need to replace 2 of my old wlta-19 2-wire thermostats, and can't find anything suitable (OJ have stopped making them) did you find a replacement?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back