Underground drainage connect to existing inspection chamber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning to extend my property (bungalow), the ext will contain an en-suite, therefore need to get the waste away.

There is an existing inspection chamber in the garden - however, the angle at which the new drain (green line) will connect contradicts the flow of waste.

Is there a simple solution to connecting in this scenario? Or does the angle of entry mean it's not feasible?

Diagram attached.

Sponsored Links
You can technically go up to 45° without a chamber but personally as you're digging down to the invert of the drain anyway just put another chamber along the run where you don't have to dig as long a trench.

Tbh, I wanted to avoid digging out thenbuilding a new IC.

The 45 degree technicality is worth noting, cheers.

How deep are the drains?

It is a fairly simple exercise these days to 'graft' in a new plastic chamber. We could do it in a similar time frame to what it would take to graft in a bend. However, the difference in cost of buying the mat's is about £40 verses £140.

If it is likely to be a vulnerable junction, then a chamber may be necessary. However, if it can be rodded from all directions B.C. may let you get away with a 'Y' junction.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back