Uneven walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to all this so simple solutions will be appreciated!

Our hall in our new house has scrape marks on it from previous wallpaper scraping (not mine, no really), a few holes from 40 years of picture hanging and some cracks from hairline to about 3mm wide which are up to a metre long (about 3 or 4 cracks in total over the hallway and landing).

It's not obviously bad enough to think that replastering is a must but I really hate wallpaper. Is there any way of getting a smooth finish without going to the effort of replastering or putting up lining paper?

Sponsored Links
You could fill the walls....and fill them again....and again....and again...then it might look ok..it might!...but although the walls may be smooth....you may find they are covered in scars from the filler.

Id suggest a good fill...sand...seal and then...im sorry...lining paper, more hassle putting it up.....but you couild save a hell of a lot of time and sore hands in the long run.

Dont use polyfilla..(except for the deeper holes0 go to b an q and buy a bag if gyproc easi fil for a tenner, far better value and easier to sand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back