Uneven walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Recently had the kitchen plastered which is all good, but that left gaps between the sockets. These gaps were filled with a lightweight filler and sanded but it doesn't look great (might be I just didn't spend the time getting a good finish), the under cupboard lighting highlights the imperfections.

What would people recommend to finish the walls off properly? I was thinking some decent filler (not the lightweight stuff) and then some further sanding (maybe with a power detail sander).

Any advice welcome, really want to get this kitchen finished.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Sure, unfortunately, as the wall is white it doesnt show up well in the photo, seems to be better if you turn down the brightness.

DSC00009.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Sure, I will give that a try. I assume I might need to sand it a little afterwards? Would you recommend just hand sanding or could/should I use a power detail sander, there are a few areas to do (and I am quite lazy :) )

It sands very easily so use quite fine paper (120 grit and finish with 240 grit) and do it by hand. You should be able to get it pretty good so that very little sanding is required. Remember that it's easier to do it in two steps that trying to do it all in one go.

Seems simple enough. Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go this afternoon..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back