Ungurgling my bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Done a search on this forum and I think I need to get an antivac waste valve for my sink to solve this problem.

I'm not quite sure if this replaces my existing sink waste or fits onto the end of it somehow? (The pics I've seen on the suppliers sites don't make it clear!)

Can anyone explain?
Thanks
SB

Sponsored Links
The simplest thing is to replace your existing trap (U bend) with one with an air admittance valve attached, known as an anti-syphon trap. If you get a trap of a similar configuration to the one you hqave it may be simpler to fit. There are lots of examples here.

Thanks Chris
On closer inspection, my u bend has an screw cap fitted on an 'exit' point the top of it - I'm not sure what this is for. Could it be for fitting an anti vac??
SB

Sponsored Links
Air admittance valves on traps do look much like just screw caps, but there are also some traps which have screw caps only for rodding. Unscrew it to see if there's anything inside. You can't add an aav to a trap itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back