Unibond Foam Filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post this.

Anyway I used some Unibond Foam Filler yesterday to fill some gaps (obviously). Unfortunately I didnt read all the instructions of the can as I had used a similar product before. However, after reading I found I should have worn gloves.
I now have this stuck on my hands and also some fixtures such as taps but also my Wedding Ring!

Does anyone know how to get this stuff off? My hands I know it will come off in time with plenty of rubbing and picking but the taps and wedding ring I am concerned about.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
Craig

Sponsored Links
It's a scrapper now I'm afraid.

Only joking. It's polyurethane and sticks like mad but can be removed with cellulose thinner, nitromorse and probably nail polish remover. None will hurt the metal.

It's a scrapper now I'm afraid.

Only joking. It's polyurethane and sticks like mad but can be removed with cellulose thinner, nitromorse and probably nail polish remover. None will hurt the metal.

Great.. thanks!

I did try nail polish remover on my hands but didn't have much joy but will try it on the taps and such. This is the only thing I have at hand at the moment.
Can I get the cellulose thinner and nitromorse at B&Q?

Thanks,

Yes. Nitromorse will definitely work but not sure about the thinners.

Wait till the Mrs finds out. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
It'll come off before the Mrs finds out. ;)

apply plenty of water, this will make it harden. Once fully hard it is easier to rub or pick off. On the taps I would use a green nylon kitchen scourer. It will come off your hands easier in a couple of days.

you can also get "foam eater" from places that sell expanding foam, it is effective. I would avoid the other chemicals as they may cause other damage.

To what john? Chrome taps? You've got to be kidding. BTW a scourer will scratch most metals.

chrome is very hard. Nylon is not

nitromors and thinners may attack laminate worktops, as well as paint and plastics

Of course nitromorse attacks paint - that's what it's for. :rolleyes:

He should try something like a creme cleanser and a rag first.

Of course nitromorse attacks paint - that's what it's for. :rolleyes:

He should try something like a creme cleanser and a rag first.

Well, the wedding ring has been dropped off and they didnt see a problem removing the crap from it... we shall see...

Now just the various bits to get rid of in the bathroom!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back