Unused inlet pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is not an applience problem but is to do with an inlet pipe that was left unused when my new washing machine was plumbed in. I have recently noticed a leak in my kitchen which when investigated appeared to be coming from my hot water washing machine inlet pipe. Only the cold water one has been connected and when I checked my machine there is only room for one pipe even though there is an economy programme on the machine.
My question is can I block off this pipe somehow to stop the leak or is there some kind of adapter that can take the water from both pipes into the machine. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Make sure your hot water valve is turned off properly. Take the red pipe off and fling it.

I Would normally suggest renewing hot washing machine valve but seeing as these are now going out of fashion it may be worth replacing it with a new compression stop end.

Joining the two pipes together as you suggest breaks every rule in the book. Don't even think about it

A plumber's merchant will flog you a 3/4 inch cap and rubber washer to go in it, which you can screw on the thread on the valve. That'll stop it leaking and saves doing any plumbing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back