Upgrading loft shower fan - any wiring issues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a similar problem to some others on this forum re condensation / pooling in my loft ducting from the shower.

I have a run of about 5m total from shower ceiling inlet to vent outlet including an initial rise of about 0.5m for the ducting to get over a roof beam. My current fan is rated at 20W but may be struggling to move the air this distance. I had considered upgrading to a Vents TT 100T fan rated 33W but was a little uncertain if the wiring would come into play. However 33W doesn't really seem like a lot of power... Just wondering what your thoughts are.

The current fan & run-on timer are powered from a nearby fused switch in the loft.

Sponsored Links
It is not going to be an issue at all what so ever, you could effectively wire up a lot more than that, even a 1.5m T&E can take 5 amps easily which would equate to roughly 1000watts, of course all depending if the wire is running in a conduit, or running in along with other wires that can heat up, or simply buried in plaster, but absolutely nothing for you to worry for loads under 500watts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back