Upstairs toilet install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I was looking for some advise.

I have just bought a 3 bed semi and I want to put a toilet upstairs in the bathroom (currently downstairs directly above where I wish to put the new one). The problem is that there isn't a soil stack for the house. The only soil stack that I can see is next door (the opposite side of the building).

Is there anyway that I can install this without loosing the toilet downstairs? I would like to keep this so that during barbeque season (if we get one this year) the guests can use the downstairs loo.

The waste for the existing toilet goes directly into the ground.

I was thinking that I could use a 92.5 access branch or dig to find the underground waste pipe and install a new soil stack... Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
One possibility is to use a macerator, which I think building regs allow if youhave at least one existing toilet going in to a stack - you can use smaller pipe and try to tee into the existing soil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back