Upvc door and frame removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anybody be able to advised me how I'd go about removing my upvc door and frame as there are no accessible screws.

The pic shows the inside of the frame and is the same all along. I presume it some kind of cover but there doesn't seam to be much movement in it.

Cheers all.

image-5.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is the door fitted directly into a brick opening or is there windows on each side of the door?

Sorry should have said, it's a single door direct onto the brick.

Well if theres no fixings visible then it could well be held in on clips, a bracket screwed to the side of the frame before it was fitted and then plastered over on the inside, a real pain in the bum to remove and will involve a degree of plaster patching

Sponsored Links
It's a bowater door. Wouldn't supprise me if that was the case it's only 9 years old and total rubbish!

Bowater you say, well if its a Zenith then it will be on brackets, if its a Staybrite then probably not, do either of those ring any bells?

Not sure im afraid I inherited the door as only been her a year.

If it not on a bracket could it be an inner facia covering the fixings?

I'll get some tomorrow. All looks like 1 piece though. So I'm pretty good with most things but never done a upvc door before. How simple are these to get out? Do they come out in one piece or is it all gonna go wrong and would I be better getting a professional in?

Here's some more pics. I think pic 2 shows its on a frame.

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

My next question is, if I were to supply a door per hung on a new frame what rough cost would I be looking at from a fitter?

Ball park i would say £50-£500 :eek:

Seriously i don't know, i was never paid per frame but rather per job, luckily i don't fit anymore though, just inspect, write reports and repair :D , much easier and pays more as well :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back