UPVC Door doesn't have drain holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've had a look around the forum as our upvc door frame is collecting water in the threshold bottom part. I'm familiar with the drainage that it is supposed to have but......and here's the weird thing I can't get my head around........on the outside of the frame there are factory cut drain holes (the long oval shaped ones with little caps over), but on the inside of the frame there is nothing! I've cleaned the frame out of any dirt / grit etc. but can't find any drain holes for the life in me. Obviously this is not normal and I'm thinking maybe an error at the factory?? I just wandered how easy it is to make the holes myself from the inside? Would it be just a case of carefully drilling a couple of holes inside, located just above the outside slots?

Sponsored Links
Easy just drill about 5 6mm holes one end and 5 the other

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back