upvc door lock & upvc window lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im new to this website & thank god ive found it. What a disaster!! When locking the back door i am having to turn the door handle further up to lock it, also have to turn it up further to unlock it!! I had the handles off yesterday & sprayed in some wd40, still the same! For what i see everything is moving as it should & the keybar is straight & not twisted.

With the window, it has a locking handle in the middle of the window frame. I try to open it and feel that one side the 'post' in the frame has moved across & the window just moves from the frame & is free but the other side doesnt move as the 'post' has not come over to the 'open' position. Sorry this is as best i can describe it for you.
The windows are out of guarantee & the window company is out of business!!

Thanks to any replies in advance.

Sponsored Links
With your door it sounds like the spindle (the square shaped bar that moves the mechanism when you turn the handle) has worn, or more likely the square hole in the handle has worn. A new handle should sort you out :D

As far as your window goes, sounds like you have shootbolt locking system, you'll need a replacement rod or mechanism. Call someone out who knows what they are doing, they should manage to get it open as one side is unlocked, you can usually jemmy the sash across to disengage the side that is locked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back