upvc door wont close

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
door.jpg

How are these hinges adjusted,the top of the door has somehow slipped away from the hinge and now it is quite difficult to shut.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to prise the cover off, sometime clipped in or undo with a screw or allen key. When the cover is off then you should see how to adjust it.

Gee I must be sad, I'm still on holiday! I came in the internet cafe to cool down from the beach and look what happen :LOL:

tried prising but wont budge,scared of snapping or damaging.

reply when you come home ;) enjoy your holiday

sad addicted geek springs to mind....you are on holiday masona for gods sake, the world will cope without you!!!! Have a good one and ill expect a sarcastic reply when you return from sunny skegness!

Have you had a look at the top of the cover to see if there is any fixing there?

Sponsored Links
all there is is a small hole along the side at the outer edge,ive put screw drivers in,but nothing will catch.

as masona says may well be a very small allen key. if youve got a set try them one at a time

Thermo said:
sad addicted geek springs to mind....you are on holiday masona for gods sake, the world will cope without you!!!! ?
:LOL:

I has 8 minutes left and I didn't want to give it to the german who was waiting to push me off :LOL:

wossie6 said:
all there is is a small hole along the side at the outer edge,ive put screw drivers in,but nothing will catch.
Normally a allen key for that one.

Thanks for the replies.

Had to take the door off to get to the screw that holds the plastic cover,all fixed now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back