upvc facia lengths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , there is some work taking place on the outside of the house ,while the scaffold is up i'll check the gutters for leaks & facia for rot ,if i decide to replace the wooden facia if rotted with
upv facia, i would have to do that myself , as the two pieces would be 4 metres could i halve them to 2 metres 4 lengths to make it easier on myself & put two extra joints in
anyone see any problem with that , thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Can't you get one of the blokes to hold the fascia while your fix it?

Thanks guys . I was thinking that it would be better 2 m so I can pick them up in the car

can you tell me where the lengths meet
if the 2 ends which are joined with a spacer are strong enough if they meet in the middle or are they better of joined near a rafter

Sponsored Links
The joint can go anywhere if using capping.

If using thick fascia with no timber backing, I find that it looks crap trying to nail both pieces close together on a rafter. So I put the joint mid-way between two rafters and fix a support timber behind. This allows you to space the nails nicely.

Try and make sure the joint does not land behind a gutter union or outlet, and it can push these forward slightly off the fascia

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back