UPVC French Door - one side not locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 63429 View media item 63430 View media item 63431
Hi all,

I'd really appreciate advice re our door, which as above has slipped & as of yesterday is now no longer locking. I've posted pictures of the gap at the top of the door of internal & exterior of hinges.

I can't see anywhere on the hinge for adjustment. The small metal fixing to the right of the cross-head screw in the picture is circular inside & won't take an allen key.

Has anyone any ideas? Is this adjustable, or do we just need to get the door heel & toed?

All help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Really it wants heal and toeing as it seems to have dropped a fair bit but you could probably get away with adjusting it for a tempory fix.

Take out the screw in your 1st pic this will allow you to pull the cover off from the outside of the hinge (the big part in your 3rd pic) should pull/slide off giving access to the adjustment screws

Thanks for the advice. Found the adjustment screw, but salt you're right and has dropped too much to pull it back without heel and toeing.

Anyone know roughly how much it should cost?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back