UPVC FRENCH DOORS WONT LOCK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyone who can give me some simple advice on this as Im not really that good at DIY!!
One door will close and lock and when I close the other one there is a gap at the bottom as if the door has maybe moved and I cant lock it.
The lock works if the door is open so its not the lock mechanism. I think I will need to adjust the door to make it move in at the bottom but have no idea how.
Help me!!!!!!
thanks xx

Sponsored Links
If you have hinges like these then its quite easy........

http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/results.php?category_id=11&sub_category_id=80&range_id=229#

Note the allen key adjustment that says 5mm, use an appropriate size allen key and turn the nut through the hole, take note of which way the door is moving so turn it the way it needs to to bring the doors closer together, its not uncommon for the pvc doors to shrink a bit in this cold weather nor is it for them to expand in hot weather and then foul each other, make sure you dont bring them too close as they will touch, if they do just back off a bit on the adjustment

how very kind of you to go into so much detail! eternally grateful and if you ever in the area I will buy you a drink xx

how very kind of you to go into so much detail! eternally grateful and if you ever in the area I will buy you a drink xx

Ah yes but does the door work now :D

I have been known to venture that far north, in fact i was in warrington only yesterday so maybe i will take you up on your offer sometime ;)

Sponsored Links
Make sure you have locking wheel nuts on yer van Crank, Insurance up to date and a tracker fitted ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

All good fun JellyDancer. Great forum to be on. Any DIY questions , problems, there's loads on here willing to help. Probably the best forum for good knowledgeable people. ;) ;) ;)

realise that Joinerjohn...if any of you need any sewing advice please feel free to ask lol lol xx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back